How to Use Black and White in Your Home
- A black and white floor is a good place to start decorating with black and white. The ultimate choice would be beautiful black marble set off with tall white baseboard moldings. Short of that, try white ceramic tiles with a black border, vinyl tiles laid in alternating black and white squares, or a painted black floor with white border stencils or white with black stencils.
- Walls painted stark white or a soft, ivory white serve as a perfect background for framed photographs, prints, and other artwork. Choose dark wood or painted black frames. Select stark black and white matting for your artwork or add a punch of color with red, gold, or black mats.
- A small room is a great place to choose to use black and white as the main color scheme. A powder room or small bathroom looks elegant with a black marble countertop, white sink, and shiny gold accessories and fixtures. Trim lush terry towels with black ribbon or braid for a custom look without much work. Read More : TIPS PHOTOGRAPHY SIMPLE
- Crisp white bed linens are perfect for the bedroom. Add a black and white striped bed skirt, pillows, and a comfortable black chair. For seasonal changes, have a variety of pillows in different colors on hand. Pink, yellow, or soft green works great for summer, while red, hunter green, or even shimmering gold or silver looks great for winter.
- Contemporary homes incorporate black and white in wonderful ways. Use dark, charcoal rugs or carpeting. Don't feel obligated to paint all the walls the same. Choose vibrant accent colors for a focal point. Add colorful artwork, shiny or matte finish metal accents, and modern designed fabrics.